View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 02:25 PM
buslady

Wow, that sounds soooo familiar. I never liked wrestling in the beginning, either. But I had a different beginning. I was a bus driver. I took about 2 wrestling trips before I said "no more". Spitting in cups to loose weight made me want to puke!! They don't do that any more, thank goodness. Then a couple years later I took one and quite enjoyed it. A couple of the girls sat with me and explained some of what was going on, and I always took sewing to do. I cross stitched myself a sweatshirt one week and wore it the next. Some of the boys noticed. I was impressed. I also worked stuffing papers for a weekly in town. We would stuff papers all night, and they did it in the back half of the bus garage where our buses were parked. So at 6:00 in the morning, I just walked up front and took the bus. Then when I got whereever the match was, I would crawl back and lay accross the isle on 2 seats and sleep. Not comfortable, but it worked. LOL I would wake up in time to go watch the finals and we always stopped to eat on the way home. I thought I had the best deal in town!!!! LOL Of course it always makes a difference when your kids are particcipating. My youngest daughter was a distance runner. Never thought I would enjoy watching that. I got a LOT of excercise watching those meets. LOL And yes, I am THAT mom, too! I always blame it on being a bus driver. You had so many kids to keep in line, it was hard to turn that off. I have repremanded many a strangers child in my day, and I have cheered them on as well.