View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Peckish

Sometimes it's worth it to make a call or send an email to the manufacturer. I had a problem with a Hoover carpet cleaner once. I purchased it from Costco, took it in for repair at an authorized repair shop 8 times in 12 months. It would work once or twice, then go back to not sucking water out of the carpet. My warranty expired at the end of 12 months, and I was so frustrated I called Hoover direct and complained. They were awesome - turned out there was a design defect in my model. The repair shop should have known better. Hoover sent me a replacement part, renewed my warranty for another 2 years, and said they'd deal with the repair shop. I don't know if they yanked their partnership with that repair shop or what happened, but the next time I drove past, the shop had gone out of business. I wouldn't have gone back anyway.

Long story, by way of saying maybe you could contact Brother's corporate offices. Knowing that people aren't spending money because of shabby treatment is quite a motivator for change.