View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 09:33 PM
NanaCsews2

Originally Posted by sewplease View Post
Ladies, when you say fleece, do you mean something like the polyester "blizzard" fleece they have at Joanns? I believe it's 60" wide. Hadn't thought about using that...the fabric will stick to it OK?

I'm in an apartment and am thinking of making something like Debbe's with a pocket at top and bottom for weight and stability which I could hang from my fabric shelves. I could also wash it and not have it shrink up. I don't have much wall space/floor space either, and instead of corgi's, I have min-pins. :-)

I've been off this week for spring break and should have assembled my Bonnie Hunter Easy Street, but it's pretty big and I just didn't want to deal with it. This may be the motivation I need to get it together.
The fleece I purchased at Hancock Fabrics is Fireside Anti-pill fleece in white. It is 'thicker' than flannel or felt and it reminds me of what would be used for fleece jackets. It is soft and the heavier weight-ed loft of it holds the weight of layered fabrics very well. Today I finished a 9-block nine patch '2x2' wall hanging complete with batting. (I don't have a pic of it yet.) There is some weight to it as it is the wall hanging that has one of the 9-patch squares hanging off the wall hanging (holding the binding from the edge of the wall hanging), complete with stuffed arms, legs, and little plastic Ken doll shoes. I call it 'Hang In There' but don't know the actual title of the wall hanging. I stuck it up on the fleece without pins, smoothed it out, and it has not budged from that spot.