Old 03-15-2013, 02:45 AM
DottyD

Hi all - I have had a lull - so much going on health wise - and my DJ has taken a bit of a backseat - I have one more block - one corner kite and six more tri's to finish- but I have them all prepped for hand applique work - which I shall take with me - when we are hopefully coming over to Texas later this month. My hubby is retired British Airways staff - so we have to standby for the flights - so hope we can get on - uhmm just a bit stressful.
I have redone two blocks and one tri - which I wasn't happy with - so getting close now !!!
I have been asked by a local quilt group to give a talk about my Dear Jane journey later this year ! I do not belong to this group and feel very honoured to be asked to speak to them - but also quite apprehensive too. I have never spoken to a large number of ladies before and some of them do teaching and workshops !!
I am doing some research into Jane Stickle - and hopefully I will be able to make it an interesting talk !!!!
Reading through all the posts and love your ideas about quilting our Janes when finished - Gus - as you say - I really want to finish my baby - and the thought of how long it would take to hand quilt is daunting ! I just cannot rock - so would have to stab - well - she is not going to be a competition entry and as Brenda Papadakis says - " If a problem cannot be seen when riding by on a galloping horse - don't worry about it " LOL.
I have my little Dear Jane group meeting on Sunday -- 10 -12 of us - and we have a lovely day - may get another block finished !
Hope you all have a nice weekend !!