View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 04:46 AM
Judie

This has been fun and informative, as I knew it would be. The people on this board are always full of great ideas and information.

This is a very wonderful young women that is getting married.. I've known her since she was born... graduating this spring as a nurse. Her soon-to-be husband is also a very fine young man that's grown up right here among us.. Sings at church, is helpful and sweet to anyone who crosses his path. They are going to be a couple that all us can look at and still rejoice that there are such people still growing up in our world.

Going 'unwrapped' is a fine idea.. saves money, and is good for everyone and everything except the merchant who would love to sell us those things. I just had to make sure I wasn't misreading what I read!

Not only do I have my cards, but I also still have the paper from my wedding.. I think when I find them again (we're in the process of moving into our new home after the May 2011 tornado here)... Oh, just reminded me, I did have them.. who knows if I still have them???.. I may have waited too long to send those thank-you's and use my paper.. I had intended to use the paper by rolling it in small very tight rolls, gluing the rolls side by side, to the side of a large ice cream container, like the one they use commerically, trimming the top and bottom.. spraying on some sealer.. Making a trash container out of the trash! I thought it would be wonderful to use all that beautiful paper for something other than filling the landfill even back 43 years ago. If I do still have those cards, I will send a few thank you's to those I can still find and still remember. Good idea, thanks for suggesting it. I think that would be one of the funniest things I've done in a long time.

Thank you for all the input. I am going to give something that I've made, wrapped in either a part of the gift, or in a nice big (homemade) dish towel. I know them well enough to know they will love it. These two young people should pose for the cover of the Saturday Evening Post with the caption reading, "America's Next Generation" "not going to hell in a handbasket as we thought!"

Did any of you do something with all that wedding paper that came on your gifts? I, too, save paper and bows to re-use.. Our whole family lives here and some of that stuff has seen several rewraps! we have fun with re-wrap.