Old 03-15-2013, 09:51 AM
sewNso

like i said. one of the professional quilters from some link said to rock, but sometimes it is too thick, so you have to jab. i think i was looking at missouri star quilt co, u tube, and this quilters pic and link came up to the right. dark haired middle aged lady. maybe it was lesson 1 of hand quilting. not sure. and i am going to do this jane 2 the same way. i didn't attach my scallops until after i had jane all quilted, but left enough backing and batting so i just had to attach and sew on the white kona, then shape the scallops. then i quilted the scallops last. janstar talked me thru it, the first time. and my heart was in my throat all the way thru it.
i am redoing the very corners of my outside white sashing, just inside the tri's and kites. did not like the way they squared up. i made my sashing the same size of my inner sashings, and then mitered them. WRONG. so i unsewed 2 corners, and squared them up to my liking. i don't think i am going to be in a hurry to get her in the quilting frame. that way, if i keep looking at it and see anything i want to tweak for a week or so, i can.

Last edited by sewNso; 03-15-2013 at 09:54 AM.