Old 03-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
Married on April fools day, my oh my! No wonder you are so much fun! LOL
Well, that's ONE way of looking at it!
Actually, my husband celebrated his AA anniversary on that day and later when we met and I went to his 10th anniversary I decided to play a joke on him considering the day. I made a very complicated cake for him -- out of styrofoam and joint compound icing! I made a little plaster figure that was supposed to look like him ... in a plaid shirt with vomit on it ... and there were two paths to follow ... and, of course, the good path led to me! (who was vomitless). He was soooo mad that it wasn't a real cake, hahaha! But we had one hidden in the kitchen of the hall.

So, a couple of years later we got married on that day. I don't think it was intentional, but he got a real cake and was happy! When he was getting ready to convert to Catholicism, we had to get married in the Church first since we were technically living in sin. Well, we had to do it before Holy Week and April 1st was the available day. I should mention that it was my regular Cub Scout meeting night so we had an honor guard of Cub Scouts and a great meeting afterwards with CAKE!