View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Sewnoma

I found it right away BUT it gives me such warm fuzzies to see it there! My grandmother always put at least one "wrong" block in every quilt she made and one of my favorites was a small pinwheel quilt she made for me that had a "backwards" pinwheel in it. (She made a matching one for my sister, but on that one all the pinwheels went the same way but two of them each had one "arm" in a slightly mismatched fabric.)

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures and can't remember what ever happened to that quilt or I would love to share. When my grandmother passed away, I painted a small mural for her funeral that included scenes from her life, and one of the items in the mural was a pinwheel quilt hanging on the line, with one backwards pinwheel!! My aunts (her daughters) noticed it immediately and they (along with many many quilt guild members) spent a lot of time reminiscing about my grandma and her "rebellious" quilt blocks.

So to me...it's more perfect WITH the "rebel" pinwheel. I'm glad you decided to keep it that way!