Old 03-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Holice
Banned

suggest you Google "Quilt Restoration" There should be a lot of information there. There was a book published several years ago about quilt restoration. I only remember the first name of the author - Camille ?? Last time I checked on ebay and Amazon it was selling for many $$ but perhaps one is available from your local library. I am in Lakeland Fl this week (finish at the convention tomorrow) Wish we had known and you were coming down and could bring the quilt to look at. Looking at the picture it appears to me to be fabrics later than the 1930's My opinion is that it might be old but not necessarily in a valuable dollar antique quilt. The fabrics, accordong to the designs, might be feed sacks. Another thought is to inquire if there is a state quilting organization to see if there is a quilt documentation day scheduled. At these events there will be knowledgable people who know fabrics and can date the quilt. You might also check the web site for the American Quilting Association for appriasers in the area. There are also lists of quilt restorers and prbably for a small fee can give you some guidance.