View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 09:50 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
From your blog: "A quick look on the Internet yielded a recipe to rid the machine of its unwelcome scent: 1 cup Peroxide, 1/4 cup of baking soda and a tiny bit of hand soap. We mixed it up and put it into a spray bottle, sprayed it on and let it dry then wiped it away. The smell seems to be gone now, but I haven’t done a kitty sniff test yet."

What kind of hand soap did you use; liquid, paste, bar, brand ????

None of our machines have been violated by our puddy tats, but other things have.

Also, is Oxycleen a powder or a liquid and which did you use?

Joe
I think it was either Dial Liquid soap, or there's a chance we even used Dawn. I can't fathom how a bar would ever work....

Oxy is a powder.

Our machines and rest of the house have for the most part not been violated either. I've had 2 machines now though that have been violated prior to their arrival at the house. One was the 401 I detailed in that post, and the other was a Kenmore I was tuning up for a client. I recognised the cats' and dog's interest in the machine the second time and hid the machine unless I was working on it.

The 401 passed the sniff test too. Now if only I could find the magic solution to eradicate stale cigarette smoke smells and make the 301 friendly to live with. Phew!