Old 03-15-2013, 10:11 PM
ArchaicArcane

The "Boss" wouldn't get out of that hole! I took her out 3 times, and she kept going back. She was a little creeped out though, when we lifted that whole top panel over her head. I don't know why....

Originally Posted by MothrNatr View Post
Great ideas! I looked at your set up but I would have a hard time getting close enough to the machine - especially the pedal - because I have long legs and there is the shelf there (with the machines). Love the way that you insert that goes around the machines on top! It gives you a great area for quilting the large quilts. Nice details.
If you found a desk that had the shelf, I'd just remove it. This one is "knock down" furniture, it's held together with 16 fasteners,... other than the 20 per side fasteners holding the wheel plates on. Seems a little bit of overkill, but I guess I'm not an engineer. Those inserts were designed exactly with that in mind. I saw how far over the quilt migrated, and wanted to cover what I could, while still having the ability to cut the Lexan, as a newbie.

I am so glad to see that this will help people out. I've always thought that a lot of the desks were just too expensive. I'd rather spend the $$ on fabric or (yet another vintage ?) machine or something.