View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 03:07 AM
helou

Originally Posted by melodyg View Post
My mother in law just retired and opened a country craft shop. She asked me to make a couple of lap quilts for her shop since she is getting requests from customers. This quilt is 59 x 59. What would you charge. I was thinking 150 before I finished it. Now that I am done, 150 barely covers the cost of making it. What would you charge. ( My dear husband thinks 150 is way too much ) Really???
Hi melodyg
It has been a few months since you wrote this post, and I too am curious to know if it sold for the price you wanted.
I just read the whole post today and I liked the comments you had from the members.
One quilter said something like... it's the people who have the money who buy and you never know when someone will come in with the $$$
your post was just around Chrismas time after most if not all Xmas gifts had been bought. Soon, it will be tourist season. Keep us posted please. The discussion here has been very informative for those who are thinking of selling their quilt. Not me as I only have one quilt completed, and I am handquilting my second one.
Great post