Old 03-16-2013, 04:48 AM
sewNso

cindaA, my quilting frame was 8 ft long. it was 1" X 3" boards, covered, then i used C clamps for the corners.
if i remember correctly, i could have attached the straight white boarder i used to make my scallop shapes out of before i did my quilting. but the scallops and that whole quilt was just sooooo far over my head. so i tackled one problem at a time. I had a terrible time shaping my scallops. janstar finally told me that she used plates. and so that worked for me also. i know there is a ruler out now for making scallops, and i ordered one. have never used it. and i noticed it was more shallow than the scallops i shaped. And i know when i was putting my binding on the scallops, i was soooooo not happy with the way the binding was laying in the very deep 'betweens' of the scallops. i kept getting ever so tiny folds. but i guess that is normal with doing scallops this way. I even un sewed it several times.
but everything i had read, people were saying, 'stretch your material in the shallow part' so i thought it would lay smooth when were were done. NNNNNOOOOO. there is a very tiny fold, no matter what you do. but know it looks just fine. beautiful, and i see those little folds in a lot of the baby janes.

Last edited by sewNso; 03-16-2013 at 04:50 AM.