View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 11:32 AM
ohmisslizzie

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
Why not sew it up like it is suggesting and when you have those two big pieces cut each of them down the middle so you now have four and then sew them alternating one of each then it will look like you purposely sewed for pannels vs putting two twins together. I agree it looks like two twins otherwise.
Okay Ive been thinking- you are saying that I make it just as described and then cut the two pieces I have into halves ending up with 4 pieces that I would sew together into one, and by doing this I would have straight edges on both sides of the 4 strips- then I rotate them and piece them together as one. Will this make it end up looking as if its four seperate sections instead of two? That is not the look I want- I want it to look as one flowing quilt. If I did the instructions except did it 4 times instead of 2 would that give it a flow or would it give the same look as cutting the 2 into four and then rotating the strips and then sewing together. I know this is all too confusing but I really neeed help- she will love this and she has helped me through a tough illness, I want to give her this I know it would be soo special and mean the world to her!! More advice please!!