View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 05:20 AM
citygirlsews

I think every one quilts for a different reason. To some it is a business and for others it is a hobby. If you want to be sucessful in selling your quilts you have to know all about marketing your product. One of the girls here hit the nail right on the head.....Do the best job you can possibly do and market to your own clientele that you have developed through the excelance of the product that you have put out there. Decide what your product is worth to you, and do not compromise on it. If it is really wonderful, it will sell and then the sold item will sell again for you. It is like a growing plant, but you do have to water it and take care of it. Do not worry about what other people are selling their product for. If your product isn't selling, ask the buyer what they are looking for. Keep up with the times. Know what quilt buyers want now and put it out there. I sell to a select group of people I have come to know over the years and I do not advertise to the public. I have never worked for cheap and have never needed more work. Trust me..this is the way to go!