Old 03-16-2013, 06:00 AM
SharonAnne

Hello Everyone -

It seems like eons since I was on QB.com and I sure miss you all. I think I have worked everyday and evening since 2/1/13. My workload has increased exponentially and we have a new CFO who is gung ho to make a good impression before his trial period is up. Ever heard the expression "trickle down"? Well, the workload has done so. Anyway, I have not sewed one thing in 2013 so far.

Going back to NJ and DE on 3/28 - 4/6 to see my kids and grandkids - 1st time in 2 years and I can't wait. Of course, I'll have to do some work remotely, but it will be worth it.

Have made a great effort to be healthy and get my knee arthritis under control. To that end, I joined Weight Watchers and have lost 23.6 pounds since Jan 10th. Still have more to go than I care to admit, but it's going to get done and I'm looking forward to a new wardrobe. But at least my leg is no longer in constant pain and my limp has improved. No more cane, either. Stairs are bothersome and I take those slowly, but the situation is improving and I'm getting stronger every week.

Other than working, I have not had much of a life this year. The plan is to retire in January and time is already flying by. I think I'll be able to join the Swap again come May if all goes well. Yippee.

I do not have time to read all of the 757 posts here- sorry. But to all those who are ill or hurting - thoughts and prayers for a speedy turnaround. To everyone who had a birthday - hope they were fun and fulfilling. I'm sure you all had fun swapping, too. Happy Easter everyone!!

And specially for Krystyna - I hope your post-Katrina life is looking up and that things are improving for you!! Will you go back into your veil business?

Take care, all.
SharonAnne