Thread: brother xl 3200
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:35 AM
lynmccoy

Question brother xl 3200

I have a problem I hope someone out there can help me with. I have an older model Brother sewing machine(XL3200) that I had stored in my fabric room. The reason I quit using it that at that time I didn't have a sewing room. I used my kitchen table and moved the machine back and forth from the table to my washing machine to sit. I went about a week not using it, and when I moved it and took the plastic cover off the thread spool was broke off at the base. I figured,no problem,I'll use the long thread spool that laid flat under the handle. Well, that one was broken too. Nobody had an explanation, but my loving daughters did help me find the broken pieces. I tried crazy glue and every thing else. I finally gave up and bought a new sewing machine cause I had one in layaway at the local WalMart . The old one still works cause I kept it oiled and a friend wants it to learn on if we can figure out how to replace the thread spool. We have looked online and gotten a thread spool and can't find instructions on how to put in on. Any help?