View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 02:45 PM
annel

After I broke the "jumpy" thing off (not on purpose) it started performing a little better. My machine is shredding the thread. I was using the last of my Zwicky cotton (I know that was the best thread ever made) and switched to Mettler polyster and the machine still shreds the thread so it must be something to do with my machine. There is not a certified Viking technician withing 100 miles of where I live and since the machine was sewing fine but needed a good cleaning I took it to the Pfaff dealership with the understanding that he would ONLY clean it. I only know that he did not put the back on the machine correctly and charged me $20 more than the estimated fee which was $69. But I suspect I paid for my machine to get messed up. In over 20 years, I had two reliable sewing machine technicians who were so honest that I never checked anything when leaving their shop. The first had to retire due to Parkinson's disease and the other finally retired. This was in New Orleans and I now live in a part of North Carolina where services, including medical, are hard to find. I have an Elna 9000 and have found a dealer in VA who is helping me find the right foot for that. It is a workhorse and I am sure I will be learning FMQ on that. I may pack up the Viking and send it to TN or I may retire it. I won't give up on FMQ, I will just change machines. The same tech serviced my White serger and I am afraid to see what it will or won't do now. Thanks for all the responses.