Old 03-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Barbk

Default Saucy Spiral Table Runner Video for Cutting Wedges

There are a lot of separate discussions on this table runner on this board. Since they're fairly old, I thought I would start a new discussion.

It seems that the most confusing part is about how to cut the wedges. I definitely agree there. It has been explained really well by members in some of the other posts. Someone asked for a video. One is posted below, but I think it could have gone into a little more detail, because I still had problems figuring out what to do after watching it - more than once. I worked on this with 2 others & it was very confusing for all of us. I know, we all thought we were stupid.

http://www.heirloomcreations.net/rul...e-wedge-ruler/

They tell you to scroll down to almost the bottom & there's a video on how to bind using a special binding ruler that is for projects that have corners other than 90 degree. Except, they don't show you how to use it for the 60 degree corner that is required for this runner. We finally figured out how to do it, but when I make another one, I'm going to layer the batting, backing & top & sewing around & leaving an opening to turn it right side out like others have done. I did like the fact that we used different colors of binding for each side.

I ordered the pattern, ruler & special binding tool, & I had enough invested that I was going to make this one way or another.

There are a lot of people who had success & posted some really pretty pics. I'm going to try & post mine.

Anyway, I sure hope this helps. It's fun sewing & seeing the pattern evolve.
Attached Thumbnails runner-finished.jpg