View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 10:04 PM
tesspug

Originally Posted by Judie View Post
I agree, times and what we used to consider good manners are changing.. but so is nearly everything else many of us thought of as standards everyone held. I also remember my grandma getting on hat and gloves to go to the doctor or grocery shopping, and my dad driving her in his suit. Some ideas need to change.

This was new to me, but not nearly as shocking as lots of other things I've had to adjust to. I just needed to make sure I was understanding this correctly.

and... sadly, I must confess, I was one of those that never did get thank-you's sent out after we got married.. I still have the cards with what the people gave us written on the back.. We will have our 43 anniversary on the 22nd of this month... do you think I should still send them?? We were working full time, I was working 10 hour shifts, and we were both in college.. It just didn't get done, even though I knew it should. sigh... more guilt to deal with...
Oh, yes send out thank-yous now. Stat with "Sorry this might be a little late." If I got card like that I would think it was the greatest laugh.