Old 03-17-2013, 04:07 AM
Barbk

Thank you. Didn't mean to make the pic so big. I've never posted a pic before.

I made some notes after making this that would make it easier to understand when/if I make another one. I don't know if I can post them here, but I'd be happy to send them to you in an email.

The hardest part is cutting the wedges. Each wedge is cut 3/4" shorter than the last. Layer 2 strip sets tog. as per the instructions. Cut wedges from that strip set until you can't cut anymore . Very carefully, set that strip set aside. Try to keep it all matched up. Take your second strip set & cut as many wedges as you can. Now you'll be cutting the rest of the wedges from what's left of those 2 strip sets. You can see wedges & that's what you cut the remaining strips from. These wedges are also referred to as the "3rd column" in the instructions. It's important that you line all those strips back up. Cut the remaining wedges from the wedge shapes left. You will be able to get them all cut. Then start sewing. That's where the fun begins.

Another thing to mention is to make sure you sew all the wedges together in the same way. I made mine with 2 others & helped one sew her strips together because she got here late. When we were done & put the halves together, it was a bib shape & not a spiral. We laughed so hard we cried. But then reverse sewing took place on half of it - with little stitches - yeah, you don't want to do that.

You can sew with the smallest wedge on top of the next larger wedge, or you can sew a larger wedge on top of a smaller size - but always do the same thing.