View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 02:54 PM
thimblebug6000

I am very fortunate: once a year my little group of 8 has a quilt retreat at a friend's cabin....all hand work as we have to get in by boat...we plan a menu & usually have 3 days of stitching. Each year one of us has to plan a game with a prize (usually quilt related but not always)

Each year I also go to the guild retreat which is just for the weekend, but members of the guild volunteer to "organize" it each year. This year there were 4 organizers and they each had a little mini project to share with us. One had made kits for us all & showed us how to sew a purse size hanky pack holder, another had designed a xmas card from fabric, another had a huge slipper type thing for us to make with towelling (used to wipe the floor up after your pet's wet feet) and then they also found a "home based" type of product that 2 ladies came...did a little demo & then gave each of us a hand massage. We each work on our own projects & have a show and tell the last afternoon. This retreat center serves organic type foods & everything is in one building so you can wear your slippers from the time you arrive until the time you leave. I always take my runners & do a couple short walks a day or I wouldn't be able to walk after 2 days of uninteruppted stitching.

If you get a chance, I highly recommend it! And I have already signed up for next years!