Old 11-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Hunnib

I've been working today on my Garden Tiles quilt and decided to use a package of June Tailor Fusible Batting because I had it on hand. I've been sewing for grandbabies for the last couple of years and haven't made a large quilt in quite a while. I sandwiched my pieces together on my cutting table and used the iron to fuse it together. I really took a chance of ruining my cutting mat (it looks ok) and I shouldn't have done it.

My question to the more experienced quilters is this...when you use fusible batting do you just pin it and press it on the ironing board or the floor?

I thought about buying several yards of the fabric used on ironing boards (mind went blank on the name of it) and making me something that can fit over my cutting table with elastic to just slip on and off.

My husband bought me the neatest clamps at Harbor Freight that helps tremendously in keeping the layers from slipping so I'm trying to come up with a safe and fast method for completing this process. Normally I use regular batting and use the quilter's pins every couple or so inches.

Any helpful advice would be so appreciated!