View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 06:03 AM
Lara122

Question Stylist 834, 410 questions!

UGH! I won't let myself 'play' with my new Rocketeer until I give Dennis back his stylists! and of course, technical difficulty!
The 834 first:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402270[/ATTACH] Oiled him up, everything shifts, everything moves. The feed dogs move too, but they don't 'advance' the fabric forward. I have moved stitch lengths, pressure . . nothing will change it! What am I doing wrong? Dennis said a repair guy had told them a ton of money to fix it, but he didn't know what was 'wrong' with it. However, the machines share ONE cord. *That* would have been expensive . . . It hums along, but doesn't sew 'forward'!

The 410:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402271[/ATTACH]this guy is a tension problem. I studied tension fix posts on the board. Both threads feed through ok, and you can feel the change when you do adjust the tension. I am using the same type of thread, just different colors. I re-wound the bobbin on the 410. No matter what I change, the bottom tension is too tight. Stitches look great from the top, but the top thread pulls to the underside.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402272[/ATTACH] sorry the pictures aren't better, husband was waiting on me to leave - yay for using his work's wireless! =)) the aqua is the bobbin thread, red is the top.

any suggestions?

Am I threaded correctly? which direction should the thread be leading in, to the bobbin case, from the bobbin. The machine bobbins were different directions, so no clue there.

thanks so much guys!
Attached Thumbnails 012.jpg   013.jpg   001.jpg