View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 07:36 AM
patdesign

Until 4 years ago I never stepped foot in a thrift store, then my son was showing me some chests he found at a local thrift shop, so I began checking it out. At that time they were selling silver plate and crystal for really cheap like one or 2 dollars a piece. I have repurposed several crystal cut work glasses for pens and pencil, small rulers, and scissors, My husband found a storage tray used for storing photo negatives(35mm slides) it is perfect for threads. On occasion I have found lovely sewing baskets and all kinds of cute shelves and containers. Even though cheap if I cannot see an immediate use for it it doesn't come home. The really big find was an entire wood wall unit entertainment center for $167.00 which holds all my fabrics, extra machines, tools, books and some vintage pieces I want to display. These days because of the economy there are too many people depending on it for extra income so the really neat stuff just isn't there anymore, they are waiting at the doors at 9 am and you would think they were giving the stuff away. I still love to go, but don't find so much anymore.
Pat