View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Letty

Hi, mine is a 58. I'm told by the previous owner, who collected these machines and is now retirering that it is fully serviced and tested. We bought it on ebay and he gave us a good 'buy it now' price.We have had really lovely contact with him so I'm sure the machine will be all he claims. I have already named her 'Daisy' silly I know, we always seem to name things we own, cars ,dish washers etc. !!!! Don't tell the family, they will think we are heading towards the funny farm.I am getting to the stage in life that some days are difficult to cope, bad spine problems with much pain, but am looking forward to owning her. She will be light for me to lift at least, although my loving spouse is so willing always to do everything possible to make life easier.Hey ,he even knows the meaning of 'fat quarters,1/4 inch seam allowances,butting seams, and so much more, love him to bits, 54 years married and still get a heart flutter when He comes home from a trip however short, Love this forum too, a wonderful outlet of ideas when people are more or less housebound. X Letty