Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 AM
FroggyinTexas

Yes! Forget the term "scant 1/4 inch seam." Some misguided soul who wanted to take the fun out quilting made that up to see how many people would stress out over one thread width. Use your 1/4 inch seam foot or other guide and keep your seams uniform--or not--depending on what degree of perfection you require.

Scant 1/4 inch seam my right foot!! froggyintexas

Originally Posted by bobbiesboutique View Post
Good morning QB I have a huge favor to ask I just got my first patterns I've ever paid for in the mail and I am picking out fabrics and beginning to make templates. Starburst and Stardust from Dereck Lockwood I will probably alternate working on quilts lol. My question and request is one calls for a 1/4 scant seam is there anyone who can give me some pointers on the best way to achieve these, and is there anyone who has done either one of these quilts if so any info that would help. I have been a quilter for almost a year and I am really confident with my sewing I absolutely have fallen in love with quilting and not a day goes by that I am not learning something new by choice or sewing, planning just anything to do with quilting. I absolutely love this site and all of you I do not belong to a guild or group there are none close to me and I have a 6,4,and 14 year old so there is no gatherings at times I can go to until they are all in school You guys are my guild love ya all you are such an inspiration!