View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 10:56 AM
JNCT14

Hey so I thought I would share an FMQ tip - my hands really hurt after a couple of hours of FMQ from grabbing the fabric to keep it tight (I quilt on midarm machine). I was going to buy a pair of Grabaroos since I thought those would allow me to lay my hands flat on the area I was FMQing rather than grabbing the fabric. I was smart though - I read some of the opinions on the forum, and since I hate gimmicky gadets, I took some advice and started with a pair of $1.99 gardening gloves with the little grippers that I bought at Walmart. First thing I did was to cut off the fingertips so I could pick up pins, thread needles, etc. Then I found that the little grippers did not hold the fabric the way I thought they would. I figured the gloves were not going to work, but then I had an idea - I sprayed the palm and fingers of each glove with spray glue and let them dry for several hours. Voila! I got just the right amount of tackiness and the gloves work GREAT. I may still buy Grabaroos, but for now these really help - my FMQ is much smoother and my hands don't hurt!!