Old 03-17-2013, 02:08 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
Disappearing 9 Patch in which case I'd use the yellow for the center so it doesn't overpower everything else. Or possibly pinwheels if you add a light background color. Or maybe Churn dash, again adding a light background.
I was sort of thinking disappearing nine patch too, the ladies in our sewing circle are making some quilts using that block for charity quilts. I might have even been thinking of that when I laid the fabric out for the photo, and not realized it.

I wouldn't even be adverse to losing the yellow altogether, that and maybe the ferns at the bottom. I find they seem to stand out too much to my eye, like the pattern's too "big", so I like your idea of minimizing them in the middle too.

What if I did a sampler of several blocks?

I like the Churn Dash, I didn't know that one by name so I googled it. There was a neat "liberated" churn dash when I googled too.

Originally Posted by zennia View Post
I don't know what to make but the fabric is really pretty.
Originally Posted by nygal View Post
Oh I love that batik on the right with the leaves. Very pretty.
I think the batik leaves were what caught my attention at the sale too. The one in the upper left is kind of fun too, it's all leaves in various colors.

I was told by a lady who owns a quilt shop that you shouldn't mix batiks with regular quilt fabric because of differing thread counts. Am I going to run into issues with this?