Old 11-07-2009, 05:52 PM
kluedesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by okie
Janstar wrote:

I just figured out how to copy Triangles in the right size!! Yeah!!! Maybe there's hope for the old girl after all. Are there any triangles in mirror Kelly? Some of those I don't know weather to PP, Template or rotary them. Guess we'll find out about that at the first of the year. I can wait! Not!!!

i haven't come across triangles that need to be mirrored but i've only made about 4 in my life.
I did triangle RS12 in the swap and I mirrored it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I mirrored the triangle and also the block I did. If I sew from the back I don't mirror but because the paper I'm using I can see through I find I have to mirror to sew on top. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong but it looks fine when it's finshed, I'm not going to worry about it. I've done several paper pieced quilts but I've always used Carol Doake paper which is not transparent. I never had this issue until I started using transparent.

are you still sewing the fabric on underneath the paper next to the feed dogs?

i'm like you in that i learned on paper you couldn't see thru and i just couldn't sew on "this" paper with the fabric on top.

a few people at our guild work with "this" paper do sew with the fabric on top and the paper against the feed dogs and i think in that instance you would have to do a mirror image.