View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:19 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
Hey Candace,

Jenny (Sew-Classic) is advertising a walking foot specifically for the 301:
http://shop.sew-classic.com/Singer-S...A-SCF301WF.htm

It's labelled as an actual Singer part #. Her part number isn't a Singer part number though, and I think that's because it's "modified" per her description. If you look at both the one she lists for a 301, and the one she lists for "all other slants", you can see that what she's done is modify the original at the bar that goes above the needle clamp. Between the 2 listings, it's probably possible to figure out what to do to make it work properly. I have a Singer Slant walking foot here, I might see what I can figure out to make one work, just for the heck of it.

The walking foot that you linked to for the 15 and the 201 is "just" an Alphasew made walking foot. Any dealer can likely get it with that part number (P60400) and $20 is more than fair for it.
Yes, and it still doesn't align with the feed dogs of the machine. Just because it "fits" doesn't mean it does the job. Like I stated before there ARE NO WALKING FEET currently available for 301's that mesh with the feed dogs. If you read Jenny's comments on the foot you'd see "This foot is not a straight stitch only foot, so on machines such as the 404 and 301, the foot is slightly wider than the feed dogs. Currently, no straight stitch only slant shank walking foot is manufactured."

I don't understand what you mean by the link to the straight stitch walking foot "just being an Alpasew". Of course any dealer can get it. None of these attachments are a rarity.

Last edited by Candace; 03-18-2013 at 06:23 AM.