Old 03-18-2013, 09:38 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Got thru my dentist appt this morning, though the side of my face is still partly frozen. All's good otherwise and it wasn't too gruelling. Freezing always seems to leave me wiped out though, so I did plan in my schedule for a quiet afternoon, knowing that. I rested for awhile, but am now restless, so am not sure if I am in the mood to sit and sew? Or what I am going to do?

Honchey
... Looks like that might become a Spring Supper and you can skip the Corned Beef! Are you saying you're keeping your FFC project a secret ... gosh! NOT FAIR!

QNSue ... Get your DH's Ducks all in a Row and abandon him for your own sewing. And what is your kit project? We'll look forward to seeing what each of you create today!

JanieW ... yeaaaaaaa for being able to grow roots again, though I'm sure you will miss the Grands and your DDIL/DS. You'll all be in withdrawal for each other I'm sure ... and the FART will be sure to happen soon, I bet!

MiraB ... too funny with all your snoopy-sneaky-ness! I bet you were in panic-mode when your PCBBs took ever-so-long to arrive down under! Glad your thread arrived and you were happy ... ready to place another order? April's MB I've decided, though not the fabric. However, I've been wondering if I should wait til I see what my MBPardner received for March and try to coordinate? or just wing it?

GGal ... With kids all over the continent, does that mean you'll be coming to CANADA to see one? and me? Oh dear, I did not want to overwhelm you about the FFC ... it's supposed to be all about FUN!!!!!!!!!! (now this is starting to sound like Honchey talking, isn't it?) I'll check on the fabric I have here and get back to you on what it is. I may be asking everyone to check their stash for some more for my Out To Pasture. Surely, you can guess what it is!! I have enough, but just enough ... and i'm feeling just a little too close to want to cut it, in case I then become totally short.

Anael and Honchey ... we'll just think of the two of you doing some clandestine work!

Anael ... While I know you would all like to know the SewGrands would be home, I bet you are also content to know you have them ... even if they stay in the hospital for awhile. April will soon roll by, and that date will be achieved. Is there also a weight goal they have to reach before being allowed out of the NICU?

GGal ... Honchey's suggestion is good for shrinking blocks down. Another way, if you have the feature with your printer/copier, you can use the reduction % on it. It seems that some things allow me to do it direct from the computer ... other things I have do the extra step and print then reduce with the printer/copier. I've also been using both methods to blow patterns up to whatever size I want. I'm really loving this new printer ... and of course, now ask myself why I waited so long to get it!

CarrieM ... so sorry the meds didn't work in the full sense and hope the neurologist can get things sorted out for you. What a slave driver you are, to your DD and making her do schoolwork during Spring Break! What was the verdict about the State Team? Are your kids going to be competing? For your shady place, what about some impatiens? ... I know they are not perennials, but they can give some pops of colour amidst the hostas and are so minimal work all summer. You also might consider more and different hostas. They can give such a range of colours and be so lush looking as mass plantings. I never realized there were so many different possibilities til I was on a garden tour a few summers ago and saw some gardens totally done with hostas. How impressive!

As for hopes of spring???
It was still -7C this morning and now is getting mighty windy. We're supposed to get more snow every day this week ... allegedly only a couple centimetres each day. ONly time will tell! And FYI ... it's not uncommon for us to get a wicked storm the end of March or even the first week of April! The good news is ... at this time of the year, it never lasts too long!

Last edited by QuiltE; 03-18-2013 at 09:49 AM.