Thread: What's next?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Compared to what I thought I might do this year, the things I have actually done, started or finished are varied and surprising to me.
What I mean is, I have learned in the last 11 months that I am just not a start this project, keep on it, and see it through kind of person. No surprise there.
Some of the smaller projects got finished, more sewing type things, than quilting, and some quilt blocks sent to ppl for charity quilts, gifts, thinking of you, kind of projects.
I learned that I am not real ready to hop on big, big projects. At this stage of my experience, I could logically do it, but emotionally...and I am an emotional quilter,...emotionally, I am not comfortable yet, with queen size quilts.
I have really enjoyed all the smaller projects that I have done this year.
I am one of those ppl that needs to do a project, not talk about it, while in process, and when done, say, "I made this."
I do numbers on myself. I imagine I need to have it done a certain way, by a certain time, etc. That's not fun, and ends up feeling like work.
I'm really glad that I decided to "track" my habits for a year. What I have learned about myself as a quilter has been very beneficial.
Being in a group, even though we are online has definitely helped.
I have no one around me, that really wants to talk "quilt-talk". It's been awesome to have the choice to share, and to learn.
The year is not over, and I started a couple things for friends that I am going to finish. I have struggled over them, not bc they are so difficult, but bc I keep sabotaging my own self confidence. I want to talk quilt with quilters, but afraid to show quilters my stuff. It sounds silly, I know...no quilt police here. Of course not, their in my head!
But, I am going to finish those two projects and I will send them, and if they are shared, I'll live. That will be up to the recipients.
I really believe once those are done, I will be ready for some new projects I have in mind.
This has been a growing process, and I do feel that I have grown,...ah, but I am not done. "I" am a WIP, too! :wink: