View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Quercus Rubra

Default A couple of FWS questions?

Now I had a couple of thoughts about the process of the wonderous venture and thought I would ask them while I was thinking of them before I get started on this great quilt.

1st .... would you counsider doing this as a "3 Brown Bag"challenge? What I mean is in one large brown grocery bag, place all your "light" scraps, "mediums" in another and "darks" in the third.

With each block - you would blindly draw what you need from it's "corresponding" bag to use. There is no "put-backs" or trading fabrics. Out comes out is completely random. Since there would have been a good chance that this would have been a "make-do" scrapping quilt back in the orginial date of the 1920's, my thinking is the randomness would add to the quilt instead of detracting from it.

Sooooo What's you thought on that. I know some of you are working with a "planned" color palette, I would still here what you thought too. Who is doing a scrappy version? Is it a "controlled" or an "uncontrolled" scrappy?

Okay so for the next part this might take a minute of pondering on your part.

Would you keep a Journal book with this project?

Now I know that it's important to have some sort of providence with a quilt for future generations but would you consider an informally written history to include a chronological list of the dates you made each block, maybe a blurp of the weather and quick note of going-on's of your day? So that maybe your great-great children can have some insight of your life as they curl up under that heirloom that "great-great grandma" made.

So what is your thoughts of that? It's still early enough to start one if you wanted to, so would you? I wonder if others enjoy their journey.

Well now that I have shaken up a puzzling thought or two, I'm off.
Toodles,
Tricia