Old 03-18-2013, 03:35 PM
CarolynMT

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
I'm looking forward to it. Attached is a pix of what I have so far. The flower is the center square. Black is the contrast squares. The run of reds is the bars. I'm thinking there's too much middle value and the lightest 2 are too close in value. What do you think. What do you think of the hue and intensity?
Ok, it is kinda hard to tell on pictures but I would suggest switching the two on the right around, so the red/white polka dots first and the flame like one second. I would switch #5 and #6, #9 seems off a little, perhaps too much yellow, pull it out and see how it looks without it. I would then switch #8 before #6 and switch # 11 and 12.

So....just in case you are confused, counting from left to right this is the order I would put them in:
# 2, 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 5, 7, 10, 12, 11 (removing 9 all together)

Set it up like that, and walk away for a couple hours to overnight and look again.

I ended up switching a couple of mine just before I cut cause after walking away and coming back I noticed it didnt look completely right. The switches I recommended are to put the "blacks" closer together and the ones without black together....it should flow better. BTW, great choices on fabrics