Old 03-18-2013, 03:41 PM
CarolynMT

Originally Posted by cannyquilter View Post
Would love to join you all. I have a busy weekend planned so think I will get a little head start and cut out my pieces before Friday as I wont be able to do more than an hour or so on Saturday and Sunday. I will be happy if I get the top done.
I will try to get the instructions to you fast, I have an older version where I taught this in a class but we used a circle attachment to make the centerpiece. I can email that one to you if you would like. I am still working up the instructions for this one (making a sample at the same time for pictures) If you just want the cutting I'll post that right here for ya

Center Square: 8.5 x 8.5 inches
Braids: 2 x 8.5 inches (cut 4 of each fabric for 1 run, 8 of each fabric for 2 runs..etc.)
Accent Squares: 2 x 2 inches ( you need two squares for each fabric used, so if you have 1 run of 9 fabrics, you need 18 accent squares. If you have 5 fabrics with 2 runs, you will end up with 10 braids on each side meaning you need 20 accent squares)

And just as a reminder, on my first post, the purple braid is a 5 fabric 2 run braid, the red one is an 11 fabric 1 run braid.

I generally put the top together before cutting the batting/backing and binding, just works better for me. Especially if you decide to pull out a fabric or put one in at the last minute.

Last edited by CarolynMT; 03-18-2013 at 03:44 PM.