Thread: Ruler tote
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 04:17 PM
GrannieLOU

Originally Posted by SewFarBehind View Post
Oh, this is cute! I haven't thought of storing my rulers like this. I love the colors. I wonder if there's a pattern?
The instructions suggested one and one-half yards of prequilted fabric & a pack of rick-rack or other trims of your choice - I chose to bind the top edge with the turquoise fabric rather than turn under and trim with rick-rack. The measurements would depend on the size of the rulers you have. Otherwise, the pattern was really just a logical step construction - being sure to sew the small pocket to larger one before attaching to body of tote and sewing the inside pocket (with divisions) down before enclosing the tote. I eliminated a seam at the bottom by cutting a double long tote body and simply folding in half. The handles can be any length you are comfortable with - even long enough for over the shoulder if you wish. Velcro for the closure tab and tops of the outside pockets if you wish. One thing I might have done was position the outside pockets a little lower - they sag a bit when the tote is loaded and just sitting upright (like leaning on the wall).