View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Elisabrat

Hi there everyone hope your day was lovely! I received an F8 from girlscout and from tracibug today. Thank you ladies.

When I get stumped with a fabric it goes back behind the next one and maybe later in the day or tomorrow it comes to me and sometimes that happens 3 or 4 times then I get this ah moment. (easier when you peak at the albums of the person who sent the fabric you get an idea what others see in it). I think a lunch for kidney patients waiting for a transplant is a lovely thing your niece is doing. Company sometimes who understands your spot isn't so bad. I think four years.. how long is the wait for a person your niece. I was told for me blood type b its 8 to 9 yrs. a compromised (cadavere kidney) is four to five years. I wait. as patiently as one can right?

ok onto fun things like booms. I do a variety then sometimes I want to do a couple blocks that give me joy to make, simple but good blocks. I think your right urgodschild, you know it depends on the fabric your holding. if it says OH make this! or it says .. make something.. or make it simple or make it pointed or.. lol or its only 9" wide and well that says something else all together.. just depends.

I am glad to see that everyone is making a bit more of an effort to make 12.5 inch blocks. It makes the end decision on what can go into a quilt with the others and what doesnt work a bit simplier. the more the merrier to me, I want them all to fit in. If you want help squaring up a block feel free to PM and surely there are others who can help you understand how that is done. So you get even squaring and maybe dont end up taking too much off one side or another. even it out. And if you find your block is seriousy short.. see what you can do to fix that. 11" is seriously short. 11.5 the same. add an even border something that makes your block one that can fit into someone elses quilts. They are doing it for you. Please??? I wonder how many have not started or barely started? I mailed three out today. 9 more now that the two f8's came in. yahooo. getting there!