Old 03-18-2013, 09:30 PM
dublb

I had a great trip. DD & #2DS & I had a long talk on Thurs. night. #2 DS was so excited ta git ta play w/his Niece & nephew. DM & DGM came in on Fri. DH came in Sat morn. We had great meals, a good time sewin', watched some good movies, & I went ta a special meetin' ta rewrite the bylaws for the homeowners association.
DGM did throw a few fits while there. I guess at 93 she has lost her "filters" & thinks she can do or say anything. On Sat we had a very late breakfast & I offered her lunch twice only ta be turned down. Then at 4:00 she threw a fit about nobody eattin' lunch. DM made her a sandwhich. We then had supper at 5:00 LOL ('cause I had that meetin' at 6:00.) Yesterday, after everybody else went home, all that were there were DM DGM & I. DM said that she wanted her Sunday nap. DGM said that she wanted ta read. So I sewed & washed some old linens that had been in storage till now. DM woke at 5:30. We talked while I frog stitched the last row in my PC friendship quilt (for the second time, as I had sewed it back on exactly the same wrong way again.) I asked at 6 if they wanted ta eat & DGM said that she couldn't eat that "early." At 7:00 she said that she wanted ta go & see Vicky as soon as she got out o' church. Well Vickie's church would relise at 7:00 & it would take her about 30 min.s ta git home. (If ya consider that she would talk a bit then a 12 min. drive home.) In the meantime, DGM fell asleep. At 8:00 DM & I were starvin' so we got the leftovers out & fixed the meal. DGM grudgingly ate too. Then she went ta change her undergarment. It took 30Min.s. (Her Dr prescribed support hose are so hard ta pull up & all her movements are very slow.) At 9:00 she was gonna go over there unannounced. Vickie has canceled her land line & DGM didn't have her address book, so we couldn't call. We wouldn't let her go over there. She said that I had been too busy all day ta take her over there. Then she griped about DM's nap bein' too long. She fussed at DM & I for 30 min.s. Why didn't she say that she wanted ta go & see Vicky earlier in the day? I could have taken her or DM would have taken a shorter nap & then taken her. Argue. I do feel for my DM.
Taday DGM was so much sweeter. She was patient while I vacuumed & wash the sheets that were used while we were there. She even arraigned my afghan on ta my couch. It would have taken me 1 min but she took 15 min.s. It does look good! The beds are all made & the floors downstairs are all clean the house feels welcomin'. Now we are home.