Old 03-18-2013, 10:27 PM
ArchaicArcane

I had a couple of questions asked in PMs the other day, and am posting them here with permission.

when you have your machine in it... does your machine 'vibrate' backwards? I see you have a gap at the back/right side of it and am wondering if you have something you insert in there or if you just leave that spot open. (to the right of your wheel)
I haven't had it move backwards. I don't notice any vibration, but I did notice that the shelf liner does get a little messed up, so I picked up some cork board (with adhesive on the back) today for a couple of bucks and will replace it. It will also dampen any vibration more than the shelf liner. I just leave the spot open. This is pretty similar to the SewEzi table, and a few of the other tables I've seen in Googling around. I like it because I can easily plug things in without pinching cables. I dislike being able to "Store" my scissors down there by accident, but no table setup is perfect. The gap is quite small with a 301 in place for instance. Maybe tomorrow or the next day, if I get a chance, I will post a few other pics of the various machines in place. I couldn't think of a good way to make inserts for the right side for every machine without going a little crazy trying to keep straight what went with what. Hmm,.. maybe a "draft dodger" would work...

(Pics to come tomorrow. I'm beat tonight. )

also did you make different top 'inserts' to fit each of your machines or do you just have the one? (the white piece that is surrounding the machine) My machines are all different so I think I would have to make different ones for each one.
Yes, there are 3 inserts currently. One for the flatbeds that were all within 1" of each other depth wise, and one for the Pfaff as an open arm, and one for the 222 as an open arm. I suppose I should have posted photos of those. (I think I was fading by the time I finished that post.) This was most of the purpose of this desk. I wanted it "universal".