View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 06:37 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
Excellent information Candace. It would make a difference if the feed dogs weren't lined up. Thank you for posting the url to the photos. Seeing the photos, it makes sense why misaligned feed dogs would do a poor job. About your 'yelling'... I have to laugh because I have the same habit... when I want to emphasize something I type in caps... and I forget that some people view that as yelling, when all I meant to do was emphasize a phrase.

Anyway, thank you for the information, it made sense to me!
No problem, Christine. I really hope that someone SOMEWHERE (for emphasis not yelling:>) makes a true fitting walking foot for the 301. I don't know why Alphasew hasn't produced one to properly fit the 301. I guess it boils down to how many they think they'd sell.

Joe, like I said, yours may "work" but it's not doing what could do if it fit as it should. Is it good enough for you to do a project on? Well, it looks like it, but you've also not quilted for very long or finished many quilts. You may find your queen and king size quilts are going to be tougher to deal with and you may experience some tucks etc.

Sewing machines have a gazillion feet for a gazillion reasons. WF are not cheap so I just hope people research which machine they have and which foot is the best pick. I own probably 7 different walking feet for all of my different machines for a reason.