Old 03-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

OK.. so I'm working on the next corner of J-10 and took a few pictures and will pass along a couple of tutes...
First - I have to say I took them with one hand while holding the fabric, needle, etc with the other so I apologize for the lack of focus on a couple of them. Had I known or paid better attention, I would have taken a couple of others because unfortunately the two out of focus are right where I did the point

I thought I would show a set of three pics demonstrating how I 'audition' fabrics.
1) I cut a template for my applique piece and use both the 'window' left behind and the actual template itself. First I use the window to decide what part of the fabric looks right for the spot.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402908[/ATTACH]2) next I put the actual template into the window.[ATTACH=CONFIG]402909[/ATTACH]3) why? you think. because when you mark in the window you get a piece that is slightly too small if your applique piece is large this wont matter much but with tiny pieces it will. [ATTACH=CONFIG]402910[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dj-aud1.jpg   dj-aud2.jpg   dj-aud3.jpg