View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 05:00 AM
manicmike

Hi Ruby,
It's certainly a nice looking one. It was made on 29th August 1957, according to http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...l-numbers.html
(I can actually read the serial number from your photo, so mustn't be too bad).
If you're intent on a 99K and already love it you should buy it, but every time I adopt a new one I fall in love all over again, and frankly I think the machines are starting to suspect I'm a bit shallow :-)
The place is called the Antique shed, and to get to TPH you turn right at lights and it's about 100m down the road. If you don't turn in but keep going, about 500m further will get you to the antique shed. The place has two buildings: On the left is clothing (yes, it's good too) and on the right is the big warehouse. You go in, all the way to the end and turn left (into a kind of annex). Your 201K is about 5 stalls along on the right. The stall is very narrow and you may not spot the machine unless you really get in there. I could draw you a map, or you could just look around. Very interesting place - very much like an American bazaar (or the one in Glen Waverley). Anyway it was there last weekend and on labour day, and is very hard to get to, so you're in with a good chance. Mine was in the main aisle and who knows how long for? You'll enjoy it.
OK, back to sewing (a dress). Have fun.
Mike