Old 03-20-2013, 06:04 AM
clsurz

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
Have you heard this one??? While standing in line at the post office mailing DGD's Easter box....the guy who was helping each customer before they got up to the window.....he tells me that if I print out the postage at home then I can take 15% off the mailing costs. But I still have to drop it off at the Post Office. Now I haven't heard this one yet. And then when I got up to the window, the clerk tells me that the whole system at the post office is going to change. All the old timers are being let go and new people are being hired. Those who saw the signs of what was going to happen, retired out already. I know I read an article the other day that only "package delivery" will be done 6 days a week. Regular mail delivery (envelope type) will only be 5 days a week....no Saturday delivery of regular mail, only boxes delivered on Saturdays. This is supposed to start in August. Thought you'd like to know.
This is correct. They passed this about 12-18 months ago to be effective August 2013. They have been heavily promoting this this pass month in our area to get folks ready for it so they can't say they are surprised and did not know when August rolls around.

They claim they are losing money and have to do cut backs.