Thread: Trembling Hands
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 06:50 AM
beckalou

Thank you all for your responses and offers for help. I had heard about the wrist weights and alcohol being a help and will try both. One drink should be ok, any more than that tends to make the tremors worse the day after. I will look into the other suggestions for the special rulers & the accuquilt. Trying out the cheapest options first as we are on a fixed income.

I have a friend who has the head bobbing and her hands shake much worse than mine. She is a non quilter. Last time I spoke with her she said she is going to give up eating out as it is too stressful for her to deal with trying to eat or drink (she drinks her coffee through a straw to prevent spillage) in a room full of strangers. The anxiety that goes along with this disease is the worst feeling.

Please keep the suggestions coming, willing to try almost anything. I am left handed, so the left hand shakes the most. Thank goodness I have always used my right hand for scissors, but now my right hand is starting to tremble more. I refuse to give up on quilting, where there's a will, there's a way.