Thread: hello
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 AM
novicequiltergrandma

Cool hello

I've been "trolling" here for a couple weeks and decided it was time to say "HI" My mother taught me to sew just enough to make a few dresses and skirts, but it was always a chore, not a passion. A few yrs ago I became disabled and find myself with lots of time on my hands (and very limited income) and unable to do much of anything useful. Spent the last couple yrs learning embroidery, knitting, etc. and finally decided to try some simple quilting projects. I'M HOOKED!! I've made some table runners and placemats. I have a jigsaw puzzle quilt started for my grandson and plans for a couple more quilts for family. To "practice" my quilting skills and different block designs, I'm making some baby quilts to donate to charity. I'm having so much fun and finally feel I can again contribute something to my family as well as the community. I'm going to have to be careful, though, as I could become quite addicted to vintage sewing machines. I inherited my mom's featherweight (complete with folding table) and just bought a Singer 15-91 off CL for free motion quilting.......a sweet alternative to an expensive sewing machine!