View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 10:52 AM
J Miller

Well, here is my contribution to this thread. It's a New Home Mdl AB. We responded to a Craig's List add and this is what we got.
It was locked up tight, rusted, corroded, the wires were chewed up badly as well as being old and deteriorated. And a huge mouse next was in the bottom. Can it be refurbished?

BEFORE PICS

Well, not only could it be refurbished back to life, it was.
I rewired the motor, added a modern cord block, a modern light ( till I find an original type ) and rewired the foot controller.
The machine was actually locked up by all the pins and needles shown in the third picture. So once it was cleaned out and oiled up it turned quite easily.
The mouse nest was a mess. It took a bit to clean it out. It was old though, it didn't smell too much. The mice urine did a number on the paint, and that will have to be addressed eventually. And the case latches were missing.

The machine is working, and I used it from time to time. Should I ever find some decals for it I'll strip it and do a repaint. I do believe this one is a bit to far gone for fixing the paint.

CURRENT PIC

I still haven't found latches for the case, and I'm reluctant to put a modern hasp on it. Perhaps I'll get lucky and find a set.

Joe