View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 12:41 PM
quiltingnd

Angry FMQ-What am I doing wrong!!!?!!!

I have this quilt I am doing for a friend's daughter. I REALLY wanted to try my hand at a meander. I had practiced a few times on small scraps and it didn't seem too bad. I figured this quilt was a good way to practice. I could sew around each block and then meander in that box. Make it seem less daunting. While the top doesn't look too shabby (I was even happy with my spacing), the bottom looks HORRIBLE! What am I doing wrong? I have my feed dogs down. My stitch size set to 0..and my tension on 8-9?

I feel so VERY frustrated because I REALLY want to do this. It doesn't have to be perfect, but I sure would like it usable. I am guessing by the looks of the back that I need to figure out how to pull that all out and try again?

Am I just moving my fabric too fast? Not going fast enough on my sewing machine? (speed wise?)

Pics of the back:

Pics of the front:

I feel so very frustrated and honestly..dumb. Is FMQ really this hard?! I am just tired of stitching in the ditch or straight line quilting. I wanted to do a quilt that actually LOOKED quilted. Please help!!!