View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 09:10 PM
n2scraplvr

Since I liked the colors I used in the first 3 rows (12 blocks), I decided to mimic them in the last 2 rows of the quilt by either different shades or different fabrics. For example, the top row block is olive greens and the 4th row is kelly greens. Since I like the colors of those I've used so far, why not repeat them again only in different shades and different fabrics? You might want to do the same. It's a good idea as it helps to unify all 5 rows better!

My only suggestion concerning colors for the strippies would be to just limit the really dark ones. Your background colors of mediums and lights would be a nice palette for the bow ties.
I haven't done my last row yet but I'm looking forward to it! It's more fun to get going on this tut to help you do a nice Bow Tie Strippy quilt too! Once the blocks are all made and placed on the wall in order, we will be machine appliqueing, hand appliqueing or raw edge fusing the little bow tie knots to the centers. Then we can join the blocks together!

Next, we will get started with the steps!