View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Girlfriend

Default Janome 49360 from HSN

My DH bought me the Janome 49360 from HSN for my birthday after researching it from a post here on the Board. I've had it for several weeks, and am happy to report it's a great little machine. Weighs only 12.5 lbs so is perfect to take to quilting classes. This machine is the same model as the Janome 3160, see - http://content.janome.com/index.cfm/...ilting/3160QDC

It has an automatic needle threader, automatic thread cutter, blanket stitch for appliqué, needle up/down, and many additional feet. It is truly a little work horse.

My other machines are the Bernina 730 and Pfaff 7510. Frankly, I am a little disappointed when comparing the Bernina to the Janome. My Bernina does not like Aurifil thread and unthreads itself constantly. It also leaves a clump of bobbin thread when beginning a new sew. The (quite less expensive) Janome does none of these things. The only concern I have is the tension seems to be a bit tight. Might require an adjustment at the Janome dealer.

I am happy to report this little machine is definitely a keeper. Love Janome! GREAT value for the price.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]403177[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0533.jpg   img_0534.jpg